Doesn't happen much

This section of the forum is for interaction with the members of Nile. Only serious posts will go in here and zero thread derailing. Trolling will not be tolerated. Every member of the forum will be able to witness the action, but only members with the proper permissions will be able to post.

Note : This is NOT a QA forum. It's for casual yet level-headed discussions with the members of Nile.

Moderators: KarlSanders, neckred, The Mods

Re: Doesn't happen much

Postby Dæmonium » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:44 pm

Um, no.
Dæmonium
Nazi Bully Discriminator

Postby PathOfTheWeakening » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:06 am

That old sense of humour still to the good I see.
Der Kriegmeister wrote:yhw having eleftic drusm when you can hiet a cookpan? Ask vuygart!!
PathOfTheWeakening
Amongst The Catacombs

Postby Dr.Mosh » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:31 pm

i've seen people more worried about string tension in a mathematical sense than general feel. I CANT PLAY THIS UNLESS X>Z=2*√-1
Dr.Mosh
Amongst The Catacombs

Postby Dæmonium » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:32 am

It pisses me off to no end when people just talk about string gauges. It's not a fucking science or anything. Thicker strings, lower tunings. Harder to control, etc etc. Thinner strings, standard tunings and what not.

Just shut up and PLAY. Goddamn no one cares about this shit really.
Dæmonium
Nazi Bully Discriminator

Postby Optimus Prime » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:18 am

Hehehe.
Optimus Prime
In the Hands of Thor

Postby Dr.Mosh » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:20 am

Dæmonium wrote:It pisses me off to no end when people just talk about string gauges. It's not a fucking science or anything. Thicker strings, lower tunings. Harder to control, etc etc. Thinner strings, standard tunings and what not.

Those questions really irrationally piss me off too. WHAT STRING GAUGE DOES X USE??? who. gives. a. fuck. they use a gauge they like, and a pick that suits them. you will not sound like them or be able to play like them just because you have the same fucking strings you dolt.

I am so glad I learned guitar before the internet arrived, it's made people into lazy, entitled cunts. RANT RABBLE RABBLE.
can you tell I've not had a lot of sleep? :redneck:
Dr.Mosh
Amongst The Catacombs

Postby Optimus Prime » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:52 am

As a total guitar noob, when one of my strings snapped, I asked about string gauges on another forum. Got told a certain gauge would let me play fine what I wanted to achieve, which they do, but I wouldn't go on and on about tit.
Optimus Prime
In the Hands of Thor

Postby Dæmonium » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:32 am

Dr.Mosh wrote:
Dæmonium wrote:It pisses me off to no end when people just talk about string gauges. It's not a fucking science or anything. Thicker strings, lower tunings. Harder to control, etc etc. Thinner strings, standard tunings and what not.

Those questions really irrationally piss me off too. WHAT STRING GAUGE DOES X USE??? who. gives. a. fuck. they use a gauge they like, and a pick that suits them. you will not sound like them or be able to play like them just because you have the same fucking strings you dolt.

I am so glad I learned guitar before the internet arrived, it's made people into lazy, entitled cunts. RANT RABBLE RABBLE.
can you tell I've not had a lot of sleep? :redneck:

Same here. I'm glad I learned before the times of the internet, when we actually had to sit down and work stuff out through sheer ear strain and frustration. Slowing down a song? Hahah no. If it was at 240, we'd be learning it at 240.

Even talk about amps and guitars are starting to annoy me. 90% of your tone comes from your fingers. It's that simple.
Dæmonium
Nazi Bully Discriminator

Postby Dr.Mosh » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:15 am

Dæmonium wrote:Even talk about amps and guitars are starting to annoy me. 90% of your tone comes from your fingers. It's that simple.

There are only VERY few people even qualified to say X is "better" than Y, or even the arguments against axe-fx. The most vocal people have never tried these amps, never tried the axe-fx, never recorded a note in their lives and couldn't mic a cab if it fell on them holding the damn mic in their hands. They just repeat the same shit they heard some other idiot say with conviction, but without actual knowledge.
If it gets the job done and doesn't sound like shit, I'll have it
Dr.Mosh
Amongst The Catacombs

Postby Dæmonium » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:00 am

Exactly. What matters is how and what you play, not what you play through.
Dæmonium
Nazi Bully Discriminator

Postby Abatu » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:49 pm

Guitars, Amps etc... can be upgraded or replaced.
Hard work,dedication and a little bit of talent cannot.
KarlSanders wrote:"Papyrus Containg the Spell to bla blah blah"

Lemmy wrote:“That was a great fucking time, the summer of '71 - I can't remember it, but I'll never forget it!”
Abatu
Amongst The Catacombs

Postby Dr.Mosh » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:22 pm

Abatu wrote:Guitars, Amps etc... can be upgraded or replaced.

talent is important, but never insult someone that's put in the work by saying it's just talent. no no no .

drive is important (and I don't just mean gain!) :redneck:
Dr.Mosh
Amongst The Catacombs

Postby Abatu » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:12 pm

Dr.Mosh wrote:
Abatu wrote:Guitars, Amps etc... can be upgraded or replaced.

talent is important, but never insult someone that's put in the work by saying it's just talent. no no no .

drive is important (and I don't just mean gain!) :redneck:

Indeed sir!
KarlSanders wrote:"Papyrus Containg the Spell to bla blah blah"

Lemmy wrote:“That was a great fucking time, the summer of '71 - I can't remember it, but I'll never forget it!”
Abatu
Amongst The Catacombs

Postby im-hotep » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:46 am

Dæmonium wrote:Someone pull a philosophul and ask Karl how thick his picks are, how sweat resistant they are, plastic or nylon, and why, where the materials ship from, how long does shipping take, how long does molding take in the factory, the factory supervisors name, the reception woman's name, how much he pays for them, why Dunlop, has he tried a lot of picks, does it effect what type of strings he uses, etc.

:pepper: :ba: :bananafuck: :lol:
www.soundcloud.com/lotgardet <--- swedish acoustic folkmusic
im-hotep
Servant To Ka

Previous

Return to Execration Texts